Raise your hand if stuffing is your favorite part of Thanksgiving! Did you know that Jimmy John’s day old bread is the perfect ingredient for delicious homemade stuffing? And it's only 50 cents a loaf! Stuff your tummy with this tasty homemade stuffing recipe.
- 2 loaves of Jimmy John’s day old bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cut the JJ bread into cubes and place them on a baking sheet. Once the oven is preheated, toast the bread for about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
3. Chop up the green onions, mushrooms, and mince the garlic.
4. In a skillet, add the butter and olive oil on medium heat and wait until the butter melts. Then, sauté the green onions, mushrooms, and garlic for 10 minutes. You can add salt and pepper for taste if preferred.
5. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parmesan cheese, and chicken or turkey stock. Then, add in the bread cubes and green onion, mushrooms, and garlic mixture. (If the bread looks dry, you can add more chicken or turkey stock, I had to do this.)
6. After mixed, transfer the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until it’s done.
7. And done! Make sure to enjoy your stuffing with some delicious turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie.